Noun(1) an inherited pattern of thought or action(2) a specific practice of long standing
(1) that tradition is being revived(2) Riches are now measured in human attitudes and aptitudes - things heavily influenced by tradition .(3) The artist claims that, in the tradition of modernism, her work is no more than visible surface.(4) One conspicuous tradition within Christianity says boldly that people are saved only by and in faith in Jesus Christ.(5) oral tradition(6) She continues writing articles, and curating exhibitions in the tradition of experimental art.(7) At the level of scholarship their writings certainly show that Chinese thought was then by no means as bound by tradition as is generally thought.(8) Within the Christian tradition , the Eucharist has become the great way of thanksgiving.(9) The bride, who was by tradition slightly late for the ceremony, faltered as she spoke in front of family, friends and celebrities.(10) In philosophical terms, deconstruction is a form of relativist scepticism in the tradition of Nietzsche.(11) Significantly, her decision not to vote with the consensus view marked a break with tradition among those attending their first meeting and may signal an appetite for a fight.(12) there's a tradition that it's cursed(13) This follows in the tradition of the Pre-Raphaelites, the Romantics and, most intriguingly, the British neo-Romantics of the 1940s.(14) visionary works in the tradition of William Blake(15) By nature he is a social realist in the tradition of Upton Sinclair, whose novels he reveres along with those of social satirist Evelyn Waugh.(16) The denizens, be they peers or peasants, are weighed down by tradition and inertia, living out their lives according to exactly the same patterns as their ancestors.
(1) oral tradition :: вусная традыцыя
(2) family tradition :: сямейныя традыцыі
(3) cultural tradition :: культурная традыцыя
(4) prophetic tradition :: прароцкае традыцыя
(5) old tradition :: старыя традыцыі
1. historical convention ::
2. custom ::
extradition, extraditions, tradition, traditional, traditions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Maybe you're not aware of this,
but there is a rich TRADITION of men at sea...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
Because of the TRADITION
that I cannot see Amy
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
I do not recognize this TRADITION.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
Be part of that proud TRADITION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
Your Grace, it is a TRADITION
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
English to Belarusian Dictionary: tradition
Meaning and definitions of tradition, translation in Belarusian
language for tradition with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tradition in Belarusian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'tradition'
What tradition means in Belarusian, tradition meaning
in Belarusian, tradition
definition, examples and pronunciation
of tradition in Belarusian language.