Noun(1) a ceremony at which a dead person is buried or cremated
(1) Friends and family later attended the funeral service at The Knowle, followed by cremation at Oakworth.(2) Marion was unable to travel from America but was able to attend the funeral service in Sydney.(3) Recently I attended the funeral service of a man who retired less than one year ago.(4) The gentleman was on his way to Oklahoma with his wife and six kids to preach a funeral .(5) the community would call him to preach the funeral(6) She was trussed up in a fashion resembling preparation for a ritual funeral service.(7) The villages through which the funeral passed had all the shutters up in respect for his memory.(8) Among those attending the funeral service were representatives from a host of other clubs and other sports.(9) The large attendances at his funeral services showed the deep respect in which he was held in the parish.(10) The couple attended the funeral service with their younger daughter, Sarah, 14.(11) His funeral service had to be delayed owing to his death being so far away from home.(12) her funeral had to pass(13) The funeral service will be held at York Crematorium on Friday, August 10 at a time still to be announced.(14) The funeral service and cremation will be held at Scholemoor Cemetery tomorrow at 1pm.(15) Shocked regulars are holding a wake for him at the pub after his funeral service at Southend Crematorium next Tuesday.(16) Today we travel down to the West to do the funeral service and burial for Grandma on Saturday.
(1) funeral home :: пахавальны дом
(2) funeral pyre :: пахавальны вогнішча
(3) funeral service :: адпяванне
(4) funeral parlor :: пахавальнае бюро
(5) funeral ceremony :: пахавальны абрад
(6) funeral director :: пахавання
(7) funeral procession :: пахавальная працэсія
(8) funeral march :: пахавальны марш
(9) funeral expenses :: выдаткі на пахаванне
(10) state funeral :: дзяржаўныя пахаванне
1. burial ::
2. interment ::
4. committal ::
6. laying to rest ::
ўскладанне на адпачынак
9. last offices ::
10. memorial service ::
11. sepulture ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You're barring me from attending
my own daughter's FUNERAL?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
Is there a FUNERAL today?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
and now, in death,
he deserves such a FUNERAL.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
Oh, I'm not going
to the FUNERAL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 22
...ever discuss FUNERAL arrangements?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 9
English to Belarusian Dictionary: funeral
Meaning and definitions of funeral, translation in Belarusian
language for funeral with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of funeral in Belarusian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'funeral'
What funeral means in Belarusian, funeral meaning
in Belarusian, funeral
definition, examples and pronunciation
of funeral in Belarusian language.