Noun(1) how long something has existed(2) an era of history having some distinctive feature(3) a time of life (usually defined in years(4) a prolonged period of time(5) a late time of life
Verb(1) begin to seem older; get older(2) grow old or older(3) make older
(1) So what we see is not a story of the past, but today's stories set against the previous age or period.(2) his wife is the same age as Carla(3) children of primary school age(4) Well, seminar after seminar makes the point that bad news doesn't get better with age .(5) Her classes are suitable for people of any age and ability.(6) This is the age where the television performs the role of a baby-sitter, than a means of entertainment.(7) Only McKinlay survived, living to the age of 95 when he died in Glasgow in 1983.(8) He would have been remarkable in any age, in the age in which he lived, he is utterly amazing.(9) the Viking age(10) Astrella Celeste has been performing on stage with her father from a young age and in her own right.(11) At seventeen years of age and a senior at High School in Boston he was outstanding.(12) At one stage he decided to show his friends of his own age that he could fire an arrow.(13) the age of majority(14) Cathal is getting crankier with age(15) we didn't have a clue how to age these animals(16) Cheeses age at different rates and must be held at constant temperatures to achieve their optimum flavour.
(1) old age :: старасць
(2) middle age :: сярэдні ўзрост
(3) ice age :: ледніковы перыяд
(4) same age :: аднагодкам
(5) age gap :: розніца ва ўзросце
(6) age group :: ўзроставая група
(7) at the age of :: ва ўзросце
(8) age range :: узроставай дыяпазон
(9) of age :: паўналетні
(10) average age :: сярэдні ўзрост
1. number of years ::
3. era ::
4. a long time ::
5. eld ::
7. mature ::
9. senesce ::
age, ageism, ageist, ageists, ageless, ages, aging, agings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You're small for your AGE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
But the boy's at that AGE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
With her AGE and how confused she is.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
l loved school
when l was your AGE.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
You have a tender heart,
just like your mother did at your AGE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
English to Belarusian Dictionary: age
Meaning and definitions of age, translation in Belarusian
language for age with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of age in Belarusian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'age'
What age means in Belarusian, age meaning
in Belarusian, age
definition, examples and pronunciation
of age in Belarusian language.