Noun(1) the subject matter of a conversation or discussion(2) some situation or event that is thought about
(1) It was inevitable that it should be the topic of conversation as we ate in Pizza Express.(2) her favourite topic of conversation is her partner(3) Manar says this is a frequent topic of conversation at school following clashes.(4) research topic(5) Whether or not it's going to snow tomorrow is the only topic of conversation today.(6) I never noticed it come up as a topic of conversation at work or with friends, either.(7) For Edinburgh residents, a safe place to park the car became the main topic of conversation.(8) Talking about alcohol also provides an easy topic of conversation while getting drunk.(9) His eating habits were also a topic of conversation amongst those who dined with him!(10) Upon his favourite topic of discourse, it is said that he was quite unable to bear contradiction.(11) it was the hot topic at the meeting(12) Turn the top card of the draw pile and place it next to the draw pile to set the current topic and begin the conversation.(13) her favorite topic of conversation is her partner(14) the topic of the sentence(15) The latest morale-boosting victory was the sole topic of conversation at the event.(16) Oh, this has been the main topic of conversation in emails flying back and forth this afternoon.
(1) topic sentence :: тэма прысуд
(2) hot topic :: гарачая тэма
(3) main topic :: Асноўная тэма
(4) help topic :: раздзел даведкі
(5) special topic :: спецыяльная тэма
(6) topic of conversation :: тэма гутаркі
(7) topic of discussion :: тэма абмеркавання
1. subject ::
2. matter ::
subtopic, subtopics, topic, topical, topics
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- New TOPIC.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
May I suggest it
as the TOPIC for your essay?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
If we're going to change the TOPIC
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 20
And on a different
but not unrelated TOPIC...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
But I find that TOPIC irresistible so,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
English to Belarusian Dictionary: topic
Meaning and definitions of topic, translation in Belarusian
language for topic with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of topic in Belarusian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'topic'
What topic means in Belarusian, topic meaning
in Belarusian, topic
definition, examples and pronunciation
of topic in Belarusian language.