Noun(1) informal terms for a difficult situation(2) something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic drug(3) the act of putting something in working order again(4) an exemption granted after influence (e.g., money(5) a determination of the place where something is
Verb(1) restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken(2) cause to be firmly attached(3) decide upon or fix definitely(4) prepare for eating by applying heat(5) take vengeance on or get even(6) set or place definitely(7) kill, preserve, and harden (tissue(8) make fixed, stable or stationary(9) make infertile(10) influence an event or its outcome by illegal means(11) put (something somewhere(12) make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
(1) Serious problems of disrepair are often lurking unseen below the surface, with a backlog of home repairs it is estimated will cost Ôö¼├║37 billion to fix .(2) Where else, for example, could they get their daily gambling fix ?(3) Both cover crops fix a lot of nitrogen and produce high yields of biomass that serve as organic matter to enrich the soil.(4) I'm afraid that Katherine is seeking an instant fix for her problems and that she might be disappointed if the therapeutic process takes a bit more time.(5) Imaginative and sophisticated workouts are evolving to engage dwindling attention spans or cash in on punters addicted to the endorphin fix .(6) Then we went to the cafe in Borders bookshop because I was needing a coffee fix .(7) lupins fix gaseous nitrogen in their root nodules(8) I hope he gets a really bad dose of whatever his fix is and never wakes up again.(9) He is only too happy to feed her, fix her hair and makeup, and dress her in what appears to be his mother's clothing.(10) there are no facts which fix the defendant with liability(11) obviously, his appointment was a fix(12) None of this means that there will be an easy fix to the problems created by Katrina.(13) A customer can report a dropped call or poor signal quality from a specific location, and the carrier can analyze data and fix the problem that day.(14) he's sent her on ahead to fix things up(15) Probably, some awards are a total fix ; but prestigious awards cannot be a total fix.(16) What women more often than not want, says Gray, is empathy and understanding from men rather than a quick fix and solution.
(1) fix up :: падправіць
(2) quick fix :: хуткае рашэнне
(3) bug fix :: выпраўленая памылка
(4) a fix :: выпраўленне
(5) fix on :: спыніцца на
(6) fix price :: цана фікс
(7) try to fix :: паспрабаваць выправіць
(8) fix a date :: вызначаць дату
(9) fix out :: папраўка па-за
1. predicament ::
2. dose ::
3. solution ::
4. fraud ::
5. pickle ::
7. fixture ::
8. repair ::
9. fasten ::
10. stick ::
11. focus ::
12. arrange ::
13. prepare ::
14. decide on ::
15. make permanent ::
16. rig ::
17. get one's revenge on ::
атрымаць сваю помста
18. castrate ::
19. gear up ::
20. situate ::
22. secure ::
23. fixate ::
24. mend ::
25. define ::
26. get ::
27. make ::
1. detach ::
2. undo ::
3. unhook ::
fix, fixable, fixed, fixer, fixers, fixes, fixing, fixings, fixity, infix, unfix, unfixed, unfixes, unfixing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and we can't even afford to FIX it.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
Can you FIX it for us?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
WILLIAM: Thought you things
could FIX yourselves.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
' title='We\'ll talk, and we will fix this.
' style='width: 100%;padding-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px;border: 0;' loading='lazy'>
We'll talk, and we will FIX this.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
I wanna FIX this, okay?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
English to Belarusian Dictionary: fix
Meaning and definitions of fix, translation in Belarusian
language for fix with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fix in Belarusian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'fix'
What fix means in Belarusian, fix meaning
in Belarusian, fix
definition, examples and pronunciation
of fix in Belarusian language.