Noun(1) a positive feeling of liking
(1) the prisoners crave affection and hence participate in sexual relationships(2) He suffered from an affection of the bladder, and was at length compelled to resort to a surgical operation for relief.(3) she felt affection for the wise old lady(4) He felt almost intoxicated with admiration and affection for this man.(5) When I go out and about people have incredible affection for me and I think well, that's not bad.(6) I have a great affinity and affection for my American counterparts.(7) Douglas showed respect and affection for the people he portrayed.(8) And I know I'll never ever lose affection for the people and place that once played such an important role in my life.(9) Participants were asked to rate physical affection with parents on 5-point Likert scales.(10) This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us.(11) I have a real personal admiration and affection for him, and I hope and believe he does for me as well.(12) And Canadians have always had this sort of affection for us and we've always had this affection for the Canadian people.(13) Like all the veterans who fought in Holland, he has tremendous affection for the Dutch people.(14) And I think about that so often, because of the universality of people's love and affection for their dads.(15) an affection of the skin(16) I suffered from an affection of the sight, which forbade all use of the eyes for purposes of study.
(1) have affection for :: мець прыхільнасць да
(2) mutual affection :: ўзаемная любоў
(3) have deep affection for :: мае глыбокую прыхільнасць да
(4) tender affection :: пяшчотная любоў
1. fondness ::
2. love ::
3. liking ::
5. warmth ::
6. devotion ::
7. endearment ::
8. care ::
9. caring ::
10. attachment ::
11. friendship ::
12. warm feelings ::
1. abomination ::
2. hate ::
3. hatred ::
affection, affections, disaffection
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
All you did was offer
maternal care and AFFECTION,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
We just want a little AFFECTION.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
...and I tend towards
public displays of AFFECTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
Some of the Night's Watch feel you have
too much AFFECTION for the wildlings.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
English to Belarusian Dictionary: affection
Meaning and definitions of affection, translation in Belarusian
language for affection with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of affection in Belarusian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'affection'
What affection means in Belarusian, affection meaning
in Belarusian, affection
definition, examples and pronunciation
of affection in Belarusian language.